Saturday, June 27, 2009

THE SHRIMP EFFECT

Okay, so I just learned something new and I am  a little surprised that I had not learned this earlier considering the fact that I am 38 years old and a woman. I've been one my whole life unlike Chaz Bono who is changing into a man so maybe she/he never realized this and I am wondering, what happens after she changes, will this still happen??  Okay so here goes. I am talking to my friend Jennifer and we start talking about MOPS groups and how everyone brings food and how one day, someone made a really great looking shrimp dish but no one would eat it because of the 'shrimp effect'. And I said "What are you talking about, what is the 'shrimp effect'?"  And she said "you know, when you eat shrimp and then you smell fishy down there?"  and I said "wtf are you talking about,  I have never heard this" and she could not believe that I had never heard about the shrimp effect before in my life. And I could not believe that I had not ever heard this before either and so I started wondering, 'sometimes I smelled fishy in my nether region but I just figured it was because I hadn't showered in a few days or because I had a yeast infection (not that I get yeast infections that often but that is a side effect) or something like that. So I decided that I would do a little test to see if I actually smelled "shrimpy" after eating shrimp. So I ate some shrimp for lunch and didn't really notice anything right away so I ate some more shrimp for lunch the next day and then that night while going to that bathroom, I almost fell off the toilet, I smelled so fishy!!!!  Wow, how did I not ever associate eating shrimp with smelling fishy.  And how come my friends never clued me in on this situation?  Did they not know?  I didn't know. No one ever said anything to me about this my whole life so I figure they must not have known.  Well, wake up ladies, I am telling you so that you too can be fishy free!!! So that my friends is what the shrimp effect is.  And so I wonder, what happens when you change from a woman to a man, do you still get the shrimp effect when you eat shrimp???? Please ladies, let me know if have heard of this shrimp effect before....

1 comment:

  1. I NEVER knew about the shrimp effect either Laura... OMG and I LOVE shrimp - poor Dom :) So it is kind of werid and gross that you actually did a test BUT know I am kind of curious too so I might have to do a test myself - man we are two weird chicks. I know everyone else thinks trying it is crazy but you know you want to try it too - you just wouldn't tell everyone like Laura and I - love you all! Keep the blogs cominig - they make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete